httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Warren Goldman" <wgold...@gr.com>
Subject [users@httpd] how do I "send server certificate and request client certificate"?
Date Thu, 30 Sep 2004 15:00:19 GMT
At the folliwng link;
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/ssl/ssl_intro.html#figure1

is a table which identifies 4 steps. I am interested in configuring my apache
server to do steps 3 and 4.
Step 3 is 'Optionally authenticate the server to the client'
Step 4 is 'Optionally authenticate the client to the server'

My server is currently configured to do step 4. I would like to modify it to
do step 3, in the fashion described in the sequence diagram illustrated at
the above link. Specifically the step which states 'Optionally send server
certificate and request client certificate' (my understanding is that this
one step in the sequence diagram is both step 3 and step 4 described above).

Can and will someone explain, illustrate or point me to an
example/documentation that shows how I would do that?

Thanks in advance!