httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Badal Bhushan" <Badal_Bhus...@infosys.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Re: Custom authorization of static content
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2004 08:57:56 GMT
HI all,
I am facing a problem with the apache call ap_get_module_config.Actually when I am trying
to use this call by passing parameters  ,it returns me null.So if anyone can let me know in
which case it return 'null' ,also I want some more information about this call, the parameters
we pass and the return value.
Thanks in Advance.
Badal Bhushan

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Robert Andersson [mailto:robert@profundis.nu]
	Sent: Wed 9/1/2004 2:09 PM
	To: Shailesh Bodas; Apache User-List
	Subject: [users@httpd] Re: Custom authorization of static content

	Shailesh Bodas wrote:
	> I was reading your post about protecting static pages which is exactly
	> what I'm trying to do as well! The idea of including a PHP file that
	> checks authorization is very promising and something I had not thought
	> of. Did you find out if this might work in PHP5 the way Jeroen claims.

	[Please keep it on the list.]

	No, I haven't yet been able to. I have to test it at home (for time and
	logistic reasons), but my internet connection has been dead.

	I sure hope it will work, as Jeroen says it does, although I cannot
	understand why it would work. I also wonder if it works correctly with
	Content-type, Last-modified, MultiViews, etc.

	There must be other ways as well. Perhaps one can do tricks with external
	RewriteMaps, or some database auth module.

	Regards,
	Robert Andersson