httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Custom authorization of static content
Date Mon, 06 Sep 2004 09:29:14 GMT
Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
> As on my test-server (php5), the "auto_prepend_file" is parsed at all
times,
> while on my webserver (php4), the "auto_prepend_file" is parsed only
> when requesting a PHP file.
>
> I tested your configuration settings on my php5 home box, and it appears
> be working, with the exact settings you defined.

I have finally had time to test this. I did a clean installation of Apache
2.0.50 and PHP 5.0.1.

Sadly, it did not work any better than my previous experiments with PHP 4.
PHP documents gets the file's output prepended, while others (plain .html
docs and images) are untouched.

Jeroen, are you *really* sure this works as you suggests? If you have
auto_prepend_file set in the doc root of a VHost, and that file is something
like <?php echo "xxxxx"; ?>, are all images currupted? If the
auto_prepend_file contents really gets prepended, they should be.

Everything, including PHP docs and source and common sense, suggests that
only files that are otherwise parsed by PHP will be affected by the
directive, and non-PHP documents are normally not parsed by PHP's handler. I
hope you can show me otherwise ;)

Regards,
Robert Andersson