httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jack Gates <j...@morningstarcom.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] How to Configure Apache to work behind router with a dynamic IP [ver 2]
Date Sat, 25 Sep 2004 01:04:24 GMT
On Monday 20 September 2004 12:07 pm, camroe@telusplanet.net wrote:
> The connection was refused when attempting to contact xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
>
> (which sounds like a network 'thing')
>
> I attempted to telnet to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 80     and got the same connection
> refused. Actually 'connection timed out' from a linux box and a 'Could not
> open connection to the host, on port 80' from a windows box.
>
> There are no messages in either the access_log or the error_log so I'm
> assuming that the request never gets to apache!  Is there access on port 80
> that needs to be set?

I had a similar problem today with a new Linksys router and a new Motorola
modem.  The Linksys people showed me how to clone the modems MAC address in
the router and all my trouble disappeared.

--
Jack "The Rhino" Gates, Registered Linux user #342662
Morning Star Communications, www.morningstarcom.net