httpd-users mailing list archives

From David Blomstrom <david_blomst...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Which linux is the ^best^?
Date Wed, 22 Sep 2004 18:16:27 GMT
--- Eugene <httpd.subscribe@infosatgeomatica.com>
wrote:

> So if you can
> suggest me one of linux family that can work with
> all these "onboard"
> without problems - please give me to know.

Ah, that's a question I had planned on asking on
another list. Now that I've moved my websites to Linux
servers and begun working with some open source
software - notably Apache, PHP and MySQL, I'd like to
try to migrate to a Linux operating system.

I don't mind paying a little for a commercial product,
like SuSe, which some friends recommend. I thought it
might be important to use RedHat so I can simulate the
online environment I publish my websites to.

A friend is going to help me make a dual boot system
with two hard drives, one Microshaft, the other Linux.
Could I install TWO Linux distributions on the second
hard drive and make it a triple boot system?

I thought maybe RedHat would be a wise choice to use
with Apache/PHP/MySQL, while I might use something
more user friendly for general tasks. I'll have to get
WINE, or something similar, so I can still use some
Windows software, like Dreamweaver.

Thanks.