httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jörg Schütter <jo...@schuetter.org>
Subject [users@httpd] SetEnvIfNoCase and Header
Date Sun, 19 Sep 2004 12:17:56 GMT
Hello

To make our Outlook-Web-Access vissible from outside of our LAN I
set up a reverse proxy with apache 2 on debian.
The IIS on the exchange server has NTLM and Basic-Auth enabled.
Since NTLM is not supported via proxy, I tried to get rid of the
NTLM authentication. To make the modifications on the IIS as
small as possible, only the reverse proxy on apache modifies the
header.
The easiest way would be to add
Header set WWW-Authenticate "Basic realm=My-Exchange-Server"
in the config. Unfortunately every header has this value, but it
is only needed if the IIS sends WWW-Authenticate headers.
So I tried
SetEnvIfNoCase WWW-Authenticate NTLM HAS_NTLM
Header set WWW-Authenticate "Basic realm=My-Exchange-Server" env=HAS_NTLM
but now were no modifications of the header anymore.
Acording to
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_setenvif.html and
http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc2616.txt it should be possible
to check this header.
Can anyone please explain what I did wrong?

Jörg

--
Jörg Schütter           http://tinyurl.com/ <select one from below>
joerg@schuetter.org        24zep    yu8ox    mkly     3bmde    2hanb