httpd-users mailing list archives

From g p <past1...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] from win to linux how to web page
Date Thu, 16 Sep 2004 02:09:20 GMT
Tim,

how do you log on from windows to Linux? From a command line?

I setup the virtual host on Apache but still cannot connect.  What files do I need to modify
on Linux? I modified hosts and network files but so far no success.

Thanks,
george

Tim Johnson <asfml@eggserver.tallships.ca> wrote:
Hi George, I came in late on this, but as long as you have Apache listening on
port 80 (on all IPs that the linux box has, just to be safe) and you verify
that your traceroute to the IP Linux is on is actually the correct machine (can
you log into it from the windows box?) you should be able to connect to it
using http://linux.ip.address/ If you don't have virtual hosts setup, or if you
have your test page setup as the default, you *should* see it.

Tim

Quoting g p
: