httpd-users mailing list archives

From Bill Moran <wmo...@potentialtech.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Logging many, many virtualhosts to a centralized logging server
Date Sat, 11 Sep 2004 18:34:55 GMT

I tried some searches on this topic, and simply wasn't able to get any
relevent hits.  So suggestions on searching are welcome as well as
direct suggestions.

We have 4 web servers, each of which has 20-40 virtual hosts on it, and
we want to log them all to a central location so a dedicated server can
generate stats (plus, the log files are taking up quite a bit of space).

In order to get stats, we need each virtualhost to log to its own
location.  Thus, syslog isn't handling things too well, as there are
too many different destinations to easily handle.  The fellow who
managed this before me designed a custom logging solution, but it's
been giving us trouble and I'm looking to see if I can come up with
something better.

I can't believe I'm the only one with this scenerio.  What are other
people doing to make it happen?

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies