httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] rewrite rule to spawn new window for a specific link pattern
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2004 09:26:23 GMT
Wagner, Aaron wrote:
> I know that I can write a rule to find the link;
> RewriteRule(/Tools/_CallFlows/CallFlowMain.php.*) $1 [R]
>
> but I need to append a 'target="_blank"' to the link to spawn a
> new window.

As already stated, this is not possible to do from the server side.

You might also want to question why you need to open a new window anyway.
Typically, when I click a link that pops up a new window without me asking
for it, I feel like hitting someone in the face, hard.

There is a good reason why <a href="..." target="_blank"> isn't valid XHTML.

[/rant]

Regards,
Robert Andersson