httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Mario Ohnewald" <mario.Ohnew...@gmx.de>
Subject [users@httpd] customized htaccess
Date Mon, 13 Sep 2004 11:22:40 GMT
Hello List!

I have a lot of virtual users, based on a mysql database.
They can access their home dir via proftp and public_html (or mod_dir or
whatever the name was :))

Now i would give those users the opportunity to manage the htaccess files
themselves, so that they can protect it on their own.

Since those users are stupid and dont know much, i am looking for a way how
ithey would "protect" their web folders with htaccess in a easy way.

I was gonna write a php web interface, where they can simply choose their
folder/username/passwd and the php script will write the htacess and
htpasswd  for them.

Since this kinda code would contain some critical lines, i was wondering if
there isnt such a project like that already out there?!

Thanks, Mario

--
NEU: Bis zu 10 GB Speicher für e-mails & Dateien!
1 GB bereits bei GMX FreeMail http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail