httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Wick, Daniel" <DPW...@Mail.Donaldson.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] figuring out bad httpd processes
Date Wed, 22 Sep 2004 15:06:25 GMT
Peter,

1. what's in the error logs
2. did you use hp's depot to install & if so, is it installed in the default
location?  There are issues if you aren't running in /opt/hpws - especially
if you aren't using apachectl to start httpd.
3. Check your max_thread_proc kernal value. By default it's pretty small.
Set it to 2048 if it isn't that way already.  Apache 2x is heavy on threads,
while 1.3 is heavy on process (maxuproc).  HP has some docs on tuning for
apache 2 on their site.

--Dan

http://www.peter.unmack.net/biogeog/
North American Native Fishes Association at http://www.nanfa.org/
Native Fish Australia at http://www.nativefish.asn.au/

"The biggest cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid
people are so sure about things and the intelligent folks are so full
of doubts."                                          -Bertrand Russell