httpd-users mailing list archives

From Michael Mattsson <apache-l...@phrenetic.to>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_ext_filter on win32
Date Mon, 27 Sep 2004 18:07:33 GMT

Hi!

I've been scratching my head for a while now and can't seem to get
mod_ext_filter to work properly on the win32 platform.

When I do like:
ExtFilterDefine replacehostname mode=output cmd="C:/bin/sed.exe
s/www.foobar.com/www.barfoo.com/g"

sed.exe just hangs there when I try:

 SetOutputFilter replacehostname

I've tried numerous executables to "pipe" to, but everything just hangs. I'm
doing a qualified guess that Apache is unable to provide STDIN to these
programs. I'm running Apache-2.0.50 (no ssl) from httpd.apache.org on Windows
2000 SP3. According to the error log the executable is indeed executed. If I do
like:

ExtFilterDefine foobar mode=output cmd="C:/cygwin/bin/echo.exe foobar"

I get the expected results: foobar

I this a bug or do mod_ext_filter have some undocumented feature?

Would be really grateful if someone could shed some light over this.

BR, Michael