httpd-users mailing list archives

From Brian Parish <click...@swiftdsl.com.au>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] from win to linux how to web page
Date Sat, 18 Sep 2004 07:26:39 GMT
I'm a late starter on this thread, so excuse me if I've missed something
earlier and am repeating.

To see your web server via your LAN for testing, just put the web
address in your hosts file on the winders box.  e.g.

addy.of.my.linux	www.mydomain.com

This will direct it locally to the server, but preserve the integrity of
the page request, so apache will know which site to serve up.

To use putty to log in, you'll need sshd running on linux.  Is that
started?

HTH
Brian