httpd-users mailing list archives

From Brian Parish <click...@swiftdsl.com.au>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] How to Configure Apache to work behind router with a dynamic IP
Date Sat, 18 Sep 2004 07:17:07 GMT
On Fri, 2004-09-17 at 14:54 +0100, João Gil ACE-SC wrote:
> Greetings,
>
>   I am using Apache 2.x on Windows XP behind a Speedtouch Router.
>
>   It works fine within the lan using localhost or accessing the computer
>   on which  Apache is on (ie 10.0.0.1). But when I try to access my server
>   with my Internet IP address, which I obtain from www.whatismyip.com, my
>   site is not found/reachable.
>
>   I at first thought that it was a problem with my router NAT forwarding to
>   my
>   computer but now I think that it might have something to do with my
>   httpd.conf.
>
>   Can anyone tell me how to configure my Apache configuration file to work
>   with
>   Dynamic IP? What should my ServerName be?
>
>   Thanks in advance.
>
>   Warmest Regards
>   Joao Gil

You need to forward port 80 on your router to the IP of your apache
server.  The speedtouch only allows this using the text interface, so
you'll need to (assuming the router is set at 10.0.0.138):

telnet 10.0.0.138
login
nat
create
tcp
10.0.0.1
80
0
80
save

There are prompts from the router along the way of course, but these are
the responses to get you what you need.

HTH
Brian