httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tim Johnson <as...@eggserver.tallships.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] from win to linux how to web page
Date Thu, 16 Sep 2004 23:54:00 GMT
Hi George, I did two things when testing. I logged in via ssh from Windows, and
also used VNC. I got the same results from both. I am not sure I understand
your question though. I simply used the DNS name or IP, I forget exactly, but I
suspect it was with the DNS name. Apache will listen by default on all IPs thus
as long as it's listening on the same IP as the dns points to no change on
linux is required. If you want to log into linux from windows using command
line (which you probably know how to do but I'll say just in case), make sure
you have sshd running, and get SCRT (it's not free but worth buying, but you
can use 'putty' for free on windows if you don't have SCRT). I'd suggest you
don't allow root access though (without keys at least). Anyway, I've babbles
enough, let me know if I am on the right track with your question.

Tim