httpd-users mailing list archives

From Laurent Blume <laur...@elanor.org>
Subject [users@httpd] Bug 21242 Trailing character renders pages with code
Date Fri, 03 Sep 2004 11:38:52 GMT

First, apologies, I really meant it when I said I appreciate the help of all of
you: Apache support is one of the best I've got, compared to others I'm using,
and that includes *expensive* ones.

Then:
<Files *.jsp> could have been the right direction, but I had missed a small and
relatively cryptic line in my error_log, that said:

[Fri Sep 03 11:34:40 2004] [error] uriEnv.init() context must start with '/' in
*.jsp

And it took me some thinking to understand that it comes from the Files
directive, and is because of mod_jk2: as soon as I remove the JkUriSet line from
it, the error disappear.

Actually, I re-read all examples on the jk2 documentation site, and I understand
that they want an URI there, not files (if I put "/*.jsp", it does not complain,
but it doesn't work, either).

> 2. I've verified that <Files *.ext> matches a request for filename.ext%20
> when no third-party modules are used, so you should really report this bug to
> the jk2 developers.

So, yes, it comes from mod_jk2, in the sense that I can't use:
<Directory "c:/path">
  Deny from all

  <Files "*.jsp$">
    Allow from all
    JkUriSet worker ajp13:localhost:8009
  </Files>
</Directory>

And then, I'm quite sure than in the mod_jk2 developers opinion, this is a
feature, not a bug.

Anyway, I think I know have a better way to do it, using that:

<VirtualHost>
  <LocationMatch "/*.jsp$">
    JkUriSet worker ajp13:localhost:8009
  </LocationMatch>

  <Directory "C:/path">
    DirectoryIndex index.jsp
    Options None
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Deny from all

    <FilesMatch "\.(css|png|html)$">
      Allow from all
    </FilesMatch>
  </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

Still, I'd rather have those %20 replied by a 404 instead of a 403, just for
consistency sake, but that'll do :-)

> 1. You're very unlikely to get any action around here by threatening to
> switch to IIS ;-)

:-)))
Don't worry, they'd have to walk over my dead body!
The threat is rather upon my own head than yours ;-)

Again, thanks,

Laurent

--
A hundred thousand lemmings can't be wrong!