httpd-users mailing list archives

From "oxfordmusic.net" <li...@oxfordmusic.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] [newbie] Content negotiation problem
Date Mon, 27 Sep 2004 13:29:40 GMT

>>  nope, that doesn't work i'm afraid.
>
> What doesn't work?  I made at least three different suggestions above.

sorry, i wasn't very specific. i've added "Options +MultiViews" to the vHost
container in httpd.conf and renamed faqs.var as faqs. when i request
http://host.mydomain.com/faqs i just get the contents of the type-map file
in the browser. it works fine when i request the actual .var file but i
don't want my urls to have .var in.

if i use SetHandler, then that will define the Handler for all the files in
that location right? how do i define different Handlers for files with
extensions and files without extensions?

i got this working on a RaQ4 (Apache 1.3) just by adding the .var files into
the directory.

cheers

andy