httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Mike McMullen" <...@loanprocessing.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Alias Issue
Date Thu, 23 Sep 2004 21:52:38 GMT
Hi all,

I use webalizer for web stats. I just moved from Apache 1.3.27 to Apache 2.0.51
over the weekend. Webalizer stores it's stats in /var/www/usage/ but when I try
to access it I get a 403 Forbidden message.

I looked through the httpd.conf file and found the Alias for the Apache manual
and tweaked it to be what I thought would work for my usage directory, I still
get the same forbidden message.

My alias and Directory statements look like this:

Alias /usage/ "/var/www/usage/"

<Directory "/var/www/usage">
    Options Indexes
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

The warning I am getting when I restart the sever is below. I'm not sure why I am
getting it. I've searched the file for another definition for usage but can find nothing.

[Thu Sep 23 14:42:52 2004] [warn] The Alias directive in /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf
at line 537 will probably never match because it overlaps an earlier Alias.

Any help appreciated!

Mike