httpd-users mailing list archives

From "David P. Donahue" <ddona...@ccs.neu.edu>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Narrowing Down A Strange Problem
Date Wed, 15 Sep 2004 16:07:45 GMT
I've seen similar behavior over telnet to port 80.  A small sample of
results is below:

GET /index.html
  Hangs until cancelled.  Note, index.html is greater than 1250 bytes.
GET /what/
  No problems.  Directory listing is fewer than 1250 bytes.
Get /what/pictures/
  No problems.  Directory listing is fewer than 1250 bytes.
Get /what/media/
  Hangs until cancelled.  Directory listing is greater than 1250 bytes.

And so on.  You'll also notice that the response to the invalid command
has fewer than 1250 bytes.