httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Shaun Campbell" <sha...@uk2.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache Tomcat setup query
Date Wed, 29 Sep 2004 12:37:43 GMT
First of all I have Apache 2.0.51 working with Tomcat 4.1.30 via mod_jk2 so
my question does not exactly relate to the set up of mod_jk.

What I am trying to do is run a servlet on Tomcat through Apache using SSL.
I have got this working at the moment so that I can type in the URL
http://www.anycompany.com:443/apt/servlet/apt and the application will run.
I initially had a problem where the application wouldn't find my stylesheet
or images but I fixed that by putting [uri:www.anycompany.com/apt/*] in my
workers.properties file.

What I would like to be able to do is make the URL simpler to something like
https://www.anycompany.com by using https instead of 443, and by losing the
apt/servlet/apt bit of the URL.

I would also like to use the <Location> to restrict access to certain
directories.  I tried to use the JkMount directive in httpd.conf instead of
using the uri entry in workers.properties but I get errors when starting up
Apache.

Any advice or pointers to info on how to configure this would be
appreciated.

Shaun