httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jonathan Mangin" <jon.man...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: linux setup, would you help?
Date Thu, 16 Sep 2004 19:25:26 GMT
Were you able to telnet to the IP that represents the Linux box?

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: g p
  To: users@httpd.apache.org
  Sent: Thursday, September 16, 2004 10:28 AM
  Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Re: linux setup, would you help?

  Well, this is for the Apache but I would be more interested about the Linux files setup,
it seems like it is the Linux setup that does not allow any communication even I can ping
the Linux box.
  Thanks,
  george

  Javier Carlos Viegas <javiercviegas@yahoo.com.ar> wrote:
    > Seems like you are expert on setting the Linux
    > environment, would you tell me what files do I need
    > to modify so I can make the Linux server visible for
    > windows? Also, I am running Apache on the Linux but
    > I cannot get the web page from linux to display on
    > windows, would you help?
    > All I get is: "The page cannot be displayed".
    > Thanks,
    > george

    Hi george,

    Basically, you only need to modify httpd.conf and
    commonhttpd.conf located at /etc/httpd/conf: With your
    favorite text editor just make sure you get this or
    add it:

    To /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf

    ServerType standalone
    ServerRoot /etc/httpd/2.0
    DocumentRoot /whereyou/got/yoursite/files (usually
    /var/www/something)

    To /etc/httpd/conf/commonhttpd.conf

    User apache (or whatever user you like to run apache
    under, customary apache)

    Group apache (or whatever group you like to run apache
    under, customary apache)

    ServerAdmin your@mail.com (this is for people to know
    whats the webmaster´s mail)

    There´s a section that looks like this:

    #
    # This should be changed to whatever you set
    DocumentRoot to
    #

    I think that´s it, but i should warn you that this is
    the very basic configuration but for making it work
    its ok.

    Hope it works.
    Javier

    ###Send mails to the list not a particular person,
    that way many people should see problems and help to
    fix them###