httpd-users mailing list archives

From Larry Rappaport <r...@lmr.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Windows 2k Pro install
Date Sun, 12 Sep 2004 14:54:12 GMT
Hi,

	Newbie here.

	I installed Apache 1.3, PHP 3.0, and MySQL 3.21 on Windows
2000 Professional and everything seems to work ok in the default
directory "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache/htdocs".  Apache is
installed as a service.

	However, when I try to change that directory in httpd.conf by
changing both DocumentRoot and the <Directory ...> option several
lines later, Apache refuses to start and gives no error message in the
error log.  Not sure what's going on there.  (I did stop and start the
server).

	I work with Dreamweaver MX2004 and Topstyle Pro.  What I'd
like to be able to do is to switch around the working directory,
either from within http.conf or elsewhere, so that it will point to a
local website editing directory.  (I have websites arranged as
subdirectories under C:\Websites).

	I looked at the FAQ at apache.org, and didn't find the answer,
but if there is some easy place to find it, please point me there and
excuse the post.

Thanks,
--

Larry
Mail may be sent to rapp at lmr dot com.  Please