httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Shaun Campbell" <sha...@uk2.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Query regarding dynamic server build, .so files and LoadModule
Date Thu, 23 Sep 2004 10:18:48 GMT
First of all, I've inherited a Red Hat 8 server with an Apache 2.0.40 build
on it and I noticed that in the httpd.conf file there was lots of LoadModule
entries in like:

LoadModule access_module modules/mod_access.so
LoadModule auth_module modules/mod_auth.so
LoadModule auth_anon_module modules/mod_auth_anon.so
LoadModule auth_dbm_module modules/mod_auth_dbm.so
LoadModule auth_digest_module modules/mod_auth_digest.so
LoadModule include_module modules/mod_include.so
LoadModule log_config_module modules/mod_log_config.so
LoadModule env_module modules/mod_env.so
LoadModule mime_magic_module modules/mod_mime_magic.so
LoadModule cern_meta_module modules/mod_cern_meta.so
LoadModule expires_module modules/mod_expires.so
LoadModule headers_module modules/mod_headers.so
LoadModule usertrack_module modules/mod_usertrack.so
LoadModule unique_id_module modules/mod_unique_id.so
LoadModule setenvif_module modules/mod_setenvif.so

and in /usr/lib/httpd/modules there is there is the .so files.

I'm now building Apache 2.0.51 from scratch as I want ssl and mod_jk (to
connect to Tomcat) and I've built Apache using:

./configure --enable-ssl --with-ssl=/usr/local/ssl

and I'm not getting any LoadModule entries at all in my /etc/httpd.conf and
I'm not getting any .so files generated.

Is this because I'm building it as a static server instead of a dynamic
server?  How do you get the .so files?

I tried to use the --enable-mods-shared=all option with configure to try and
get a dynamic Apache web server but it seems to crash my server for some
reason.

I'm wondering whether I've built Apache correctly to use my mod_jk.so file.

Any thoughts would be appreciated as I've never done this before and don't
know what to expect.

Shaun