httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Chris Carlson" <cwcarls...@cox.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Problem installing Apache on Windows XP
Date Sun, 19 Sep 2004 06:38:32 GMT
I have Apache running on Linux, and it works great.I just installed a precompiled binary of
2.0.51 onmy Windows XP SP1.  It seemed to install fine.  Ianswered the questions (domain name,
host name, etc.),and it appears to have filled in the values okay (asfar as I can tell).My
computer sits behind a firewall, and I really don'thave a domain name on this side of the
wall, so Iprovided the one I have on the other side.  I don't knowif this matters.Anyway,
when I tried to start Apache, I got the followingerror message:(OS 10048)Only one usage of
each socket address (protocol/network address/port)is normally permitted.  : make_sock: could
not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80no listening sockets available, shutting downUnable to open
logsI tried defining "Listen" to my internal IP address (x.x.x.x:80), but that justprints
the same message with my IP address preceding the :80.Any ideas what the problem could be?Thanks
in advance.