httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Kevin Murphy" <murp...@unbc.ca>
Subject [users@httpd] apache 2.0 and PHP 4
Date Fri, 03 Sep 2004 21:44:40 GMT
Hello,

My apology if this is the wrong place to post the following (I tried to
get the user info and faq by sending mail to
users-help@httpd.apache.org, and users-help@httpd.apache.org, but was
sent an email that said they were not available).  This is my first time
on the list serve.

I have been working on a Windows XP box which I set up the following so
I could develop and test web sites on my local machine: Apache 2.0,
PHP-4.3.4-Win32, and MySql 4.0.20a.

All has been working and running relatively flawlessly for oh say 5 or 6
months now.  I made no changes to the configuration files, but for some
reason, Windows is refusing to start the Apache services.  The error log
file for Windows services just says there is an error.  There have been
no windows updates recently or any other major changes that I know of so
am a bit baffled. Does anyone have any idea what may be the cause?  Or
have any ideas where I could find a solution.  I have only been able to
find installation instructions, but no support for this particular
issue.  Do I have to reinstall??

Thanks again, and please let me know if this is not the proper place to
post.