httpd-users mailing list archives

From "James" <jai...@ntlworld.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Newbie locating Virtual hosts
Date Fri, 17 Sep 2004 23:44:20 GMT
I have been setting up a number of virtual servers, and I've got 5
diferent sites that work ok from /var/www/html/"user name", what I
wanted to do was place them in the /home/"user name"/ directory, now I
get a forbiden error due to the access restrictions imposed by linux.

My question - Is it good practice to do it this way or is the best way
to go for the defaults /var/www/html/"username", it just seems easier to
autmaticaly add new users to /home/, I can change the permisions to the
/home/ dir but I'm wondering about security issues.

james