httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Zoe Ballz" <...@zoeballz.tv>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Help Checksuming
Date Wed, 15 Sep 2004 00:22:17 GMT
Hiya

If you mean that you want to check if a particular disk or directory has changed recently
I can recommend a windows prog called "Beyond Compare". It can compare two directories either
by windows file share or by ftp. If your aim is to check if any files have been updated since
the last check, I would have a look at that.

All the best

Zoe

http://zoeballz.net - Website Hosting for the Transgendered Community
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Joshua Slive
  To: users@httpd.apache.org
  Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 2004 3:59 PM
  Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Help Checksuming

  On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 16:51:16 +0200, abdelhak.khayi@t-systems.com
  <abdelhak.khayi@t-systems.com> wrote:
  > I need a command or a script to check all file under Apache directory to check thier
integrity .
  > I am using Solaris .

  Still not specific enough.

  Are you talking about the files that come as part of the apache
  distribution?  If so, you can check the md5 or pgp signatures of the
  original tarball as described on the download page.  There is no easy
  way to check the integrity of the individual files after the compile
  process.  You need to trust your compiler.

  If you are talking about checking for changes in documents under your
  document root, there are lots of different tools for that.  See, for
  example:
  http://www.softpanorama.org/Security/integrity_checkers.shtml

  Joshua.