httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Zoe Ballz" <...@zoeballz.tv>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Win98 freezing problem whilst running Apache 2
Date Mon, 13 Sep 2004 09:52:19 GMT
Hiya

I'm not sure this will solve your problem (because I only run Apache 1.3.31) but here's a
couple of tips for apache on win98.

1. Make sure you are running Win98SE (second edition).
2. Make sure "windows update" is totally up to date.
3. Turn OFF any screen savers and power saver functions.
4. Make sure you have the correct motherboard drivers installed.

All the above have caused problems for me at some time in the past.

All the best

Zoe

http://zoeballz.net - Website Hosting for the Transgendered Community
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Victor
  To: users@httpd.apache.org
  Sent: Monday, September 13, 2004 2:45 AM
  Subject: [users@httpd] Win98 freezing problem whilst running Apache 2

  This is the first time I've posted here, so I hope I get this right.

  Running Windows 98 on a PIII 500 with 384 MB RAM.
  Installed Apache 2.

  Attempting to run Apache Server causes everything in Windows to develop
  a 60-second delay (switching windows, selecting icons, etc.). Oftentimes
  I have to Ctrl-Alt-Delete and force it to quit. Sometimes it will cause
  it to freeze and I have to force-reboot the computer just to stop it.

  I do NOT have anything else running in the background. This is a
  brand-new installation of 98.

  What doesn't make sense is that I previously had Apache 2 installed on
  an older Windows 98 computer with an AMD K-6 350 proc. on some of the
  worst hardware around, but despite the low-endedness of the machine
  Apache still ran without problems with mySQL and PHP, and often with
  Photoshop running at the same time. All without problems.

  My current computer I am unable to figure out what's wrong, or if I've
  missed something. Someone please help!

    - Vic