httpd-users mailing list archives

From ramya <ramya_krish...@sifycorp.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Unable to configure apache
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2004 12:04:42 GMT
thanks for replying
I changed the domain name to def.com and added another domain msgeng.com.

Problem: I am able to view def.com but not msgeng.com

2. When i did telnet the following things happened
telnet www.msgeng.com 80
Trying 210.210.122.132...
Connected to www.msgeng.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
GET / HTTP/1.1
Hostname: msgeng.com

HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 11:48:14 GMT
Server: Apache/2.0.50 (Unix)

<title>400 Bad Request</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Bad Request</h1>
<hr />
<address>Apache/2.0.50 (Unix) Server at msgeng.com Port 80</address>
Connection closed by foreign host.

***********
3.I am unable to ping to msgeng.com site
ping: unknown host msgeng.com

4.  The log files have this

cat msgeng.com-access_log
210.210.122.132 - - [18/Aug/2004:17:18:14 +0530] "GET / HTTP/1.1" 400 302

cat msgeng.com-error_log
[Wed Aug 18 17:18:41 2004] [error] [client 210.210.122.132] client sent
HTTP/1.1 request without hostname (see RFC2616 section 14.23): /

5. when i try to view msgeng,com in web browser the following appears
If you can see this, it means that the installation of the Apache web
server software on this system was successful. You may now add content to
this directory and replace this page....

6. Now my httpd.conf file has been changed to add a new virtual host

NameVirtualHost *:80

<VirtualHost *:80>
      ServerAdmin webmaster@msgeng.com
      DocumentRoot /usr/local/apache/htdocs/msgeng
      ServerName msgeng.com
      ErrorLog logs/msgeng.com-error_log
      CustomLog logs/msgeng.com-access_log common
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:80>
      ServerAdmin webmaster@def.com
      DocumentRoot /usr/local/apache/htdocs/def
      ServerName def.com
      ErrorLog logs/def.com-error_log
      CustomLog logs/def.com-access_log common
</VirtualHost>