httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] I'm locked out of my WebDAV folder! Help!
Date Thu, 19 Aug 2004 13:06:02 GMT
On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 21:32:51 -0600, Siegfried Heintze
<siegfried@heintze.com> wrote:
> Last week or so I was using cadaver to upload and download files from my
> client's home office to the apache httpd/webdav server in my office. Aside
> from the fact that cadaver has a clumsy user interface, it was working
> great!
>
> Today, however, I discover I cannot upload files to my WebDAV folders. (I
> can download, however.) Cadaver keeps telling me the file is locked. I tried
> an alternate command line WebDAV client at http://www.gohome.org/nd/ and got
> the same results.
>
> Why would my files be locked? Did someone else lock them? I don't even know
> how to lock them! They all seem to be locked! I checked to make sure they
> are not readonly (as per NTFS/Win2003 server I'm using). I don't believe
> mod_DAV implements the versioning feature, does it? Apparently it implements
> the locking feature and I'm locked out. How do I unlock them?

> DavLockDB "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/conf/DavLock"

As always, the first thing to do is to look at your error and access
logs to see if they have anything interesting.

If they don't, I'd start by blowing away (deleting) the lock database
pointed to by DavLockDB.  You'll want to delete all files that start
with that string.  Make sure apache is shut down when you do this.

Joshua.