httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] LDAP Storage of IP Addresses for Authentication in Apache 2
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2004 20:18:03 GMT
On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 12:31:02 +0200, f.alcala-soler@iaea.org
<f.alcala-soler@iaea.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have an LDAP server for user authentication and maintain a larger collection of IP
addresses, IP address ranges, subnets, hostnames and FQDNs, which I also use for access control,
on the web server's configuration files. In order to ease administration, I would like to
migrate the IP addresses, ranges and hostnames to the LDAP server as well. I have searched
the Internet, the Apache documentation, newsgroups, etc. for possible references on how to
implement this on the Apache config file, but have had no luck until now.

I don't know of any module that does this, but if you are a
programmer, it would probably be possible with a modification of one
of the existing mod_auth_ldap-type modules to also do access control

Joshua.