httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] directory and regex
Date Sun, 15 Aug 2004 15:51:57 GMT
On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 13:20:24 +0200, Corin Langosch <corinl@gmx.de> wrote:

> what i really wanted to do is only allow acces to a directory,
> but not to its sub-directories. doing it like above doesn't work :-(((
> <Directory ~ "/htdocs/onlyme$">
> </Directory>
>
> what works is:
> <Directory ~ "/htdocs/onlyme">
> </Directory>
> ....but also gives all the sub-dirs access, which is not
> what i want to do. so i think there's a bug with the $ char in the
> regex apache code :-(

What are you putting inside the <Directory>?

Once a directive is applied to a particular directory, it
automatically applies to all sub-directories whether or not the
<Directory> section itself matches those directories.  So you probably
need to find another way to solve your problem.  We might be able to
help you with that if you have more details.

Joshua.