httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Can't find URL after removing modules
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2004 16:20:22 GMT
On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 12:12:33 -0400, cnelson@nycap.rr.com
<cnelson@nycap.rr.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to pare down httpd 1.3.29 to reduce it's disk and memory footprint for a very
limited installation.  I did `httpd -l` to see what was there, reviewed http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/
to see what they did, examined my httpd.conf and, with knowledge of my application, I removed:

>   mod_dir.c

> Nothing I understand about the modules I removed would suggest that they contribute to
mapping / to /usr/apache/htdocs/index.html but I guess I've done something wrong.

Look again at mod_dir.  It supplies the DirectoryIndex directive which
activates the functionality that you need.

Joshua.