httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Directory index forbidden by rule:/var/www/html/
Date Tue, 10 Aug 2004 19:25:24 GMT
On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 19:16:18 +0000, Singh Sardar
<sardarindianpunjabi@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Lee,
> I have tried starting manually apache but it doesnt work.In apache's error
> logs i get this error.Directory index forbidden by rule: /var/www/html.I
> have posted my problem at the address foloowing too:
> http://www.experts-exchange.com/Web/Web_Servers/Apache/Q_21087741.html
> I have installed the Mono 1.0 on Redhat Linux too but it shows no error in
> the application at all because to your surprise the same application without
> changing anything rund PERFECT on windows2000/IIS.Your help is hghly
> appreciated.

The "Directory index forbidden" is almost certainly irrelevant.  That
just means that you are accessing a directory that doesn't have an
index.html page in it, and you haven't configured apache to do
automatic directory listings.  See:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/misc/FAQ.html#indexes

Your problem is almost certainly either in your code or in mod_mono.
I suggest finding a mailing list specializing in mdo_mono and giving
them details on what your code is trying to do.

Joshua.