httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Error 406 when using Multiviews, for some clients (mainly robots)
Date Sat, 07 Aug 2004 19:05:20 GMT
On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 20:16:42 +0100, Matt
<mattlists@spam.matt.blissett.me.uk> wrote:
> [Yes, this was posted to alt.apache.configuration a while ago, but I've had
> no response, I've removed some fluff though]
>
> Hi
>
> I'm using Multiviews with my URLs. The site is browsable in most browsers
> (more later), but some search engines don't get the content, they get a
> 406 error:

There's way too much going on in this question.

Please show us a single problem with a single URL.  Include all the
configuration information for that particular URL, and exactly what
user-agents are having problems.  Also, consider changing your log
format to log things like the Accept HTTP request header, so you can
see better what is going on.  (Hint: google sends a request header
that looks like "Accept: text/html,text/plain,application/*", so if
you don't have a variant matching one of those types, 406 is the only
correct response.

Joshua.