httpd-users mailing list archives

From Brent 'Dax' Royal-Gordon <brent...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] weird problem serving .DOC files from apache2
Date Sat, 14 Aug 2004 03:40:33 GMT
On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 15:09:53 -0400, Jim Maul <jmaul@elih.org> wrote:
> I realize that this is more likely a bug/feature in some microsoft product
> (word, internet explorer, etc) but i am wondering if anyone has seen this and
> if they know of a way around the problem.

You may want to look at *exactly* what headers are being sent back and
forth, not just what the logs are telling you.  If you have mod_perl
installed, a relatively trivial connection-level filter should do the
trick.  I suspect there are pre-packaged modules to do this too, but I
don't know of them.

However, I suspect that the problem is not with the server, but with
the client.  I would strongly suggest you search the Microsoft
knowledge base at
<http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;KBHOWTO>.
(Note that you'll have to use IE, because none of the links work in
Firefox, the bastards.)  I would perform the search for you, except
that I don't have the exact error messages or versions of the products
involved.

--
Brent 'Dax' Royal-Gordon <brent@brentdax.com>
Perl and Parrot hacker