httpd-users mailing list archives

From cnel...@nycap.rr.com
Subject [users@httpd] suexec and CGI paths
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2004 20:07:33 GMT
Step-by-step, I'm moving slowly toward having suexec working.   I've got User and Group directives
in my VirtualHost sections and I can get to my initial pages but when they try to redirect
to a CGI, I see:

  Internal Server Error

  The server encountered an internal error or
  misconfiguration and was unable to complete your
  request.

Reading the suexec notes at http://httpd.apache.org/docs/suexec.html#model, I see:

  4.  Does the target program have an unsafe hierarchical reference?

  Does the target program contain a leading '/' or
  have a '..' backreference? These are not allowed;
  the target program must reside within the Apache
  webspace.

And my html files include things like:

For a file that is actually

  /usr/apache/cgi-bin/mycgi.cgi

I'm sure I'm confused about relative paths and how they are resolved by httpd.  Can someone
point me to  some documentation that'll make it clear and/or tell me what to put in my http-equiv
to find mycgi.cgi relative to /usr/apache?  Thanks.