httpd-users mailing list archives

From cnel...@nycap.rr.com
Subject [users@httpd] suexec -- is it there or isn't it?
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2004 17:56:57 GMT
I'm trying to get suexec working on Apache httpd 1.3.29.  suexec is installed as:

  -rwsr-sr-x 1 root root 24520 ... /usr/apache/bin/suexec

and httpd -l says:

  Compiled-in modules:
    http_core.c
    mod_log_config.c
    mod_mime.c
    mod_dir.c
    mod_cgi.c
    mod_actions.c
    mod_alias.c
    mod_access.c
    mod_auth.c
    mod_ssl.c
  suexec: enabled; valid wrapper /usr/apache/bin/suexec

and my httpd.conf file includes:

  <VirtualHost _default_:80>
    Group admin
  </VirtualHost>
  <VirtualHost _default_:443>
    Group admin
  </VirtualHost>

but when I start up httpd, error_log includes:

  Warning: Group directive in <VirtualHost> requires SUEXEC wrapper.
  Warning: Group directive in <VirtualHost> requires SUEXEC wrapper.

I guess I'm missing something or have something iconsistent.  Any ideas?