httpd-users mailing list archives

From Dan Goodes <d...@planetmirror.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] <Directory> and <Location>
Date Thu, 26 Aug 2004 05:06:43 GMT
On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 at 21:08, Joshua Slive wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 10:54:18 +1000 (EST), Dan Goodes
>
> Well, there are a bunch of possible problems.  It would be much easier
> to check your config if you gave us exact and unaltered config
> experpts.

I have attached two configs:

o httpd.conf-working contains working configuration. I have taken out a
lot of sections that are identical to those in there (such as a lot of the
virtual hosts, and a lot of the <Directory> sections - all of which exist
under /server/ftp/pub/).

o httpd.conf-notworking is, surprisingly, the non-working config, where
I've attempted to take the <Directory> sections and convert them to
<Locations> (refer to the original email for why I need to do this).

As i said, the problem is that in the latter configuration, none of the
Location sections (including the catch-all <Location "/pub*">) actually
match (i.e. no Layout stuff is actually implimented, etc, regardless of
the URL).

I can't see anywhere that might be overriding the <Location>.

Regards,

Dan Goodes  :  Systems Programmer  :  dang@planetmirror.com

Help support PlanetMirror - Australia's largest Internet archive
by signing up for PlanetMirror Premium : http://planetmirror.com