httpd-users mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Access won't work at root URL
Date Fri, 20 Aug 2004 10:43:18 GMT
On Fri, 20 Aug 2004, Rakhmat Farunuddin wrote:

> hi all
>
> i have this conf. in my httpd.conf
> <VirtualHost x.x.x.x>
>    ServerAdmin webmaster@mydomain.com
>    ServerName mydomain.com
>    DocumentRoot /home/vhost/mydomain
>    <Directory /home/vhost/mydomain/>
>      Order Deny,Allow
>      Deny from All
>      Allow from x.x.x.x/x  <---- my corporate ip range
>    </Directory>
>    ServerAlias www.mydomain.com
>    ErrorLog /var/log/httpd/mydomain.error.log
>    CustomLog /var/log/httpd/mydomain.access.log combined
> </VirtualHost>
>
> when i pointed my browser to http://www.mydomain.com from outside my
> corporate ip, the test page of apache is show up. but when i do the
> http://www.mydomain.com/index.php, the forbidden page (what i expected)
> is show up
>
> is there any conf should i add to make http://www.mydomain.com show the
> forbidden page???

I suspect, based on seeing this behavior before, that you are running a
third-party distribution of Apache, which has some things in the config
that are not in the default Apache config. In particular, I would
encourage you to look for a block that looks like:

<LocationMatch ^/$>
</LocationMatch>

and delete that block. I've never quite understood what they're trying
to accomplish with that block, but it generates the behavior that you're
seeing.

This block will be in your mail Apache configuration file, or, perhaps,
in one of the subsidiary config files that comes with it. In particular,
the distro that I'm thinking of puts this stuff on commonhttpd.conf, I
think. Try going to your configuration directory and running: grep -ri
locationmatch *

If this turns out not to be the solution, I would encourage you to post
error log entries corresponding with the time at which you're seeing the
behavior. Perhaps access log entries too.

--
I find that the best way to get a program written is to tell
a Perl programmer that it's not possible. (DrBacchus, on #apache)