httpd-users mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Newbie help
Date Fri, 20 Aug 2004 10:35:22 GMT
On Fri, 20 Aug 2004, Ted Shaw wrote:

> G'day
>
> I'm using Apache 1.3.14 with Win2000 - it installs and runs but I can't find Localhost.
when I type:
> http://localhost, I get the standard page unavailable message. I have changed the config
file to:
> ServerName localhost.
>
> Any help greatly appreciated. I did check the faq but couldn't find anything useful.
Maybe due to my lack of knowledge.

It's likely that the server process is not running at all. Are you sure
you started it?

Also, Apache 1.3.14 is very very old. Consider installing a more recent
version, which will run better on Windows, and will have many fewer
bugs. (Or at least different ones ;)

--
Most great hackers are not so much amazed by their own brilliance, so
much as mystified at everyone else's incompetence. -- Paul Graham