httpd-users mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] File Permisions?
Date Sat, 14 Aug 2004 16:46:05 GMT
On Sat, 14 Aug 2004, Ammon Johnson wrote:

> I have set up Apache on a Fedora Core 2 box but for some reason I keep
> getting a 403 Permission Denied when I attempt to veiw a name based
> vhost that I have set up...
>
> When attempting to view the website I get this...
>

>   Forbidden
>
> You don't have permission to access / on this server.

It will be much more useful to see the error message from the error log.
The message in the browser is for the end user. The message in the error
log is for you, the site administrator.

However, it's likely that you need a Directory block which permits
access to your content:

<Directory /path/to/document/directory>
Order allow,deny
Allow from all