httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ed Curtis ...@homes2see.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Wierd problems with Virtual Hosting
Date Tue, 24 Aug 2004 18:19:43 GMT

 The company I work for has been using 1 ip address to virtually host 5
different sites for the past year or so. Once in a while we get a wierd
problem where a user can browse to one virtually hosted domain but not to
another. Every domain zone file points to the one specific ip address and
when this is happening the end user can ping that address fine, just not
browse to all the sites hosted by that ip. Has anyone on the list
experienced this before? Any ideas? DNS trouble has pretty much been ruled
out at this point. I'm running Apache 1.3.26 on Debian.

Thanks,

Ed