httpd-users mailing list archives

From "mbastreak" <mbastr...@awofm.info>
Subject [users@httpd] Best way to set up a password protected website for individual users
Date Sat, 28 Aug 2004 02:41:34 GMT
As I have written in the subject line above, I am trying to establish the
most productive an d easy solution to manage a website for about 15
users(going to increase eventually several months down the road). I know
about using a .htaccess file, but I was hoping to setup a username list so
each user would have their own password. We are not too concerned about
security as this is not really protecting anything serious just some
information that should only be available to certain users. Any suggestions.

OS: Gentoo Linux 2.4
Apache: 2.0.50

Patrick O'Neal