httpd-users mailing list archives

From "mbastreak" <mbastr...@awofm.info>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] problem displaying website.
Date Tue, 24 Aug 2004 23:51:00 GMT
Sure the hosts file works great, but there is still a problem with having to
update hosts files every time something changes. I have the same setup at
home, except for a different router and it works great. Which leads me to
believe that something in how the router's is configured that is making it
not allow the local computers to access the website like normal.

See, I can do an nslookup on the domain name and get the correct Outside IP
address, but if I try to go to the website by the convetional way it dies.
Another thing is the router has a built in configuration website, that
resides on port 8100 on both the outside world, and the inside world and it
works fine by going to the ip address of the router and port 8100 so there
has to be something to do with the firewall and the router's configuration.

  -----Original Message-----
  From: Zoe Ballz [mailto:zoe@zoeballz.tv]
  Sent: Tuesday, August 24, 2004 6:38 PM
  To: users@httpd.apache.org
  Subject: Re: [users@httpd] problem displaying website.

  Have you tried the HOSTS file like I said before? What happened? Please
give exact examples of the addressed you are referring to. When you say
"resolve then name correctly" what exactly did it resolve to? If you don't
want to publicise the details on the forum, email me direct. This is a
network issue and probe not an Apache issue so sorry to those people who
think this is "off subject".

  Zoe

  http://zoeballz.net - Website Hosting for the Transgendered Community