httpd-users mailing list archives

From jeffrey_n_D...@Keane.com
Subject Re: [users@httpd] ASP
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2004 19:37:16 GMT

Quoting spivkid <spivkid@yahoo.com>:

>> On linux boxes can asp pages be ran?
>>

>I've never tried it myself, but 10 seconds at google turned up:
>http://www.apache-asp.org/

That is very misleading, and in the Intro you see that Apache-ASP is Perl,
NOT ASP/VBScript. To run on a linux/apache host and truely run ASP, you'll
need to a ASP->JSP translater(Halcion and ChiliSoft are two), there also
may be ASP->PHP translators(but i don't know of any).  But unless you just
love ASP and Linux and want to get them together. I would suggest trying
your hand at PHP/Perl or sticking with that other web-server, what is
called?? IISomething.

Watching a devleopment staff trying to implement ASP/Halcion was painful.
They still gripe about it, and the project has been complete for two years.
It continues to cause support issues. and is VERY expesive.

HTH
Jeff