httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jon Thor Williams" <jwilli...@thinkstream.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Need help troubleshooting FOLLOWSYMLINKS problem
Date Fri, 27 Aug 2004 16:52:49 GMT
Thanks Joshua,

Well, my <Directory /> directive has something like this if thats what you mean:

<Directory /var/www/html>
   Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
</Directory>

This implies to me that symlinks should work.  All the files in that docs
directory are owned by the "apache" user AND group.  I created a symlink in
there and regular file, both owned by either a normal member of the "users"
group or by the "apache" user and in both cases the normal file displays fine
and the symlink never appears.  Ive tried make the symlink "777".

If you have a symlink working can you tell me what your permissions are on the
symlink, on the target dir, and also what your <Directory /> directives are set
to?

Thanks,

-Jon