httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Unable to configure apache
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2004 09:54:34 GMT

You don't need both - but anyway you should now be able to resolve
"abc.com" on your LAN (although you realise that this might be a real
domain name on the public internet - be careful if you connect your
computer to the internet...)

Test it with "ping abc.com" - does it find the host?

> 3. and apache whcn started runs without error
> 4. I want to use virtual host because i finally i want to
> configure 2-3 domains
> on same server(name based)

Try "telnet abc.com 80"

then;

GET / HTTP/1.1
Hostname: abc.com
<return><return>

Do you see your site?

> 5.and still i am not able to view the page

What do you view? 404, no connection - report exact message...

> 6.I have attached httpd.conf file

Nothing obviously wrong (but i didnt plough through the whole thing...)

I suspect you are not hitting the server... Check also error log and
access log.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> Any replies and suggestions shall be deeply appreciated

Groupe SWX.

views of the sender's company.