httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Access to only a file
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2004 13:48:57 GMT

One way is to use "Satisfy any" - this makes an OR between password auth
and mod_access. Then you make a conditional Allow based on the URI. So
you do something like:

Satisfy any

SetEnvIf Request_URI "file-to-allow.html$" file_allow

<Directory /path/to/docroot>
  Deny from all
  Allow from env=file_allow
</Directory>

Auth directives...

so this means the whole docroot is denied from all UNLESS authorization
credentials are provided EXCEPT WHEN file_allow is set. Check all the
docs for details...

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> Best Regards / Erik Andersson