httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Virtual Hosts and Index..htm
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2004 14:22:24 GMT

Perhaps you could explain why you think you need symlinks... Usually, I
find that when a beginner (at anything) becomes fixated about an
irrelevant detail it's because they have a fundamental misunderstanding
somewhere. If you clear that up, you get along much faster :-)

All a symlink does is to give one physical file an extra name (or
names). It doesn't have anything to do with apache at the host routing
level.

To get back to your original problem which was that you had some vague
problem with VirtualHosts; Can you describe in detail your problem again
(say what you want to happen and what is actually happening)? Are the
sites on the public internet? Can you demonstrate the bug?

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> Thanks in advance. Also, thanks to Eimantas and
> Aleksas on their inputs as well.
>
> InHisGrip,
> Servie

> http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail